Since 1911, the IU School of Social Work has been dedicated to developing competent, caring professionals. With our nationally ranked, fully accredited Social Work programs, we set the standards for innovative, inspired social work education. At IU Fort Wayne, IU’s Schools work together to create a unique health sciences environment based in one of the largest and most vibrant medical and social services communities in the region.
The IU Fort Wayne School of Social Work is now accepting applications for the Bachelor of Social Work and Master of Social Work programs.
Information sessions for prospective BSW and MSW students are held monthly and currently via zoom. To reserve your seat, visit https://socialwork.iufw.edu. Scroll to the bottom of the page to Events and Information Sessions and select the date of your choice.
Bachelor of Social Work
Fall admission deadline July 1, 2023
- Apply to IU Fort Wayne
- Successful completion of SWK 141 or equivalent course
- Completion of 12 credit hours
- Submission of completed BSW program application
Master of Social Work
- Advanced Standing MSW (applicant has a BSW degree)
- Program starts: May 10, 2023 (Summer I)
- Application deadline: February 28, 2023
- Regular standing MSW (applicant does no thave a BSW degree)
- Program starts: June 26, 2023 (Summer II)
- Application deadline: May 15, 2023
Application fees waived until July 2023
TOP-RANKEDMaster of Social Work program in Indiana (U.S. News & World Report)
OLDESTuniversity-affiliated school of social work in the nation
8,000+IU School of Social Work alumni working in the field
BSW program highlights
- Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- BSW graduates are eligible for Advanced Standing in the MSW Program and for licensure as social workers (LBSW).
- International learning opportunities.
- Interprofessional Education opportunities.
- Gain professional skills and networks in your senior year field placement.
- Transfer Single Articulation Pathway (TSAP) – certain community college students can organize a two-plus-two program with the first two years completed at a community college followed by two years with IU School of Social Work at IU Fort Wayne.
- Child Welfare Scholars Program
In addition to top-notch faculty and classroom experiences, the BSW program offers an extensive practicum experience that provides students with the opportunity to demonstrate their learning and competency acquisition through practice application in a variety of outstanding social service agencies and health systems.
Our BSW program positions our graduates to apply for Advanced Standing in our Master of Social Work (MSW) program, reducing the number of credit hours to complete the MSW degree. BSW graduates will also be eligible to apply for licensure in the State of Indiana at the LBSW level (Licensed Bachelor of Social Work).
Our Master of Social Work (MSW) program offers a concentration in clinical and community practice with a focus area in mental health and addictions. You’ll complete two professional practicum experiences in concentration and focus areas under the supervision of seasoned MSW practitioners and will be prepared for licensure when you complete your degree.
MSW program highlights
Scholarships available to qualified students who apply.
International learning opportunities.
Interprofessional Education opportunities.
Options to complete courses in a different focus area in the 3rd year at the IUPUI campus.
Outstanding community partner agencies for MSW Field Placements.
Preparation for LSW Licensure exam before graduation.
- Child Welfare Scholars Program
Get more information
Looking for more information about studying social work at IU Fort Wayne?
We welcome your questions. Contact us:
Jan Nes, MSW, ACSW, LCSW
Clinical Associate Professor
IUSSW/IUFW Campus Director and MSW Program Coordinator
Neff Hall 134A
Aisha Smiley, MSW, LSW (for inquiries about the BSW Program in Fort Wayne)
BSW Program Coordinator, Clinical Assistant Professor
Neff Hall 134B
Amanda Wyatt, MSW, LCSW, RPT
Neff Hall B44B
Neff Hall 134
2101 East Coliseum Blvd.
Neff Hall, Room 134
Fort Wayne, IN 46805