Plan now for your Advising & Registration Day
Now that you have been admitted to IU Fort Wayne and accepted your offer of admission, you are ready to schedule your Advising & Registration (A&R) Day. At your A&R Day, you will meet other students who are also pursuing your intended major, meet your academic advisor and other faculty/staff from your school, plan your fall schedule, and take your official university ID photo.
Before you attend your A&R Day
- Create your IU computing accounts. Visit One.IU and search for "Create My First IU Account" and follow the prompts. Note you will need your 10-digit IU student ID number to create this account.
- Create your go.PFW.edu account for placement testing. Note you will need your Purdue ID number (the 900 number) to create this account.
- After you've created your myIPFW account, take your Writing Guided Self-Placement Test. Log into go.PFW.edu and use the Placement Testing links on the home screen.
- Schedule your Math Placement Test. Call Testing Services at 260.481.6600 to schedule your test. Note you will need your Purdue ID number (the 900 number).
- Send all final transcripts to IU Fort Wayne, including high school, dual credits, college, and/or AP credits. All official transcripts should be sent directly from the institution to IU Fort Wayne. Have your transcripts emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the address below:
IU Fort Wayne Processing Center
Cavanaugh Hall Room 147
425 University Boulevard
Indianapolis, IN 46202
What you should bring to A&R Day
- A government issued photo ID
- Your IU username and passphrase and your goPFW login information
- Be ready to take your photo for your student ID card
- Copies of unofficial transcripts and records of dual credits and AP exams
Student ID numbers (yes, you have two!)
As a student on the Fort Wayne campus, you will have both an IU and Purdue student ID number. Since IU and Purdue share the same campus, you will use these numbers for various services. You can find your student IDs by visiting the Student Center on One.IU. Once you are in the Student Center, click on "Demographic Data." The IU ID will be listed at the top as "ID" and the Purdue Fort Wayne ID will be listed under "other identification numbers."