If you’re admitted to IU Fort Wayne, you’ll receive a letter of admission that includes important information about your:
- University ID number: You’ll use this number to create your computing account and throughout your time at IU Fort Wayne.
- School/division: Your school is the academic unit to which you have been admitted. Your school will provide your academic advising.
- Major: Your major is your proposed area of study. Acceptance into a major is selective. To change your major, use our application update form to request a new major.
- Residency/tuition: Your residency determines whether you will pay in-state or out-of-state tuition.
- Starting term: Your admission is valid only for the term indicated. To start in a different term, use our application update form to request a change of term.
If there are any errors in your letter of admission, call us at 844.634.0005 to let us know.
If you did not set up your computing account to check your admission status, you can also use the steps below to take care of this task. If you already have a computing account, you can follow the prompts to create your IU email account.
- Search for and select “Create My First IU Account” in One.IU.
- Read the Guidelines for Appropriate Usage, which are rules and policies for IT account use at IU, and agree to these policies.
- Enroll in the Passphrase Self-Service Reset System. If you forget your passphrase, this tool will enable you to reset it yourself without having to visit a UITS Support Center walk-in location in person.
- You will want to save or record your account information in a secure place. You will need this information each time you log in to your IU computing account.
- Exit. It may take up to two hours before you can log in to some services.
What to do if you have forgotten your ID or other information
Please note that if you have ever previously been enrolled in or participated in a program at any IU campus and were given a 10-digit University ID number and username, you will use the same ID number and username to access your IU computing account (or use the steps above to set up your computing account if you have not already done so).
As an IU Fort Wayne student, you'll have the same access to campus facilities, housing, services, and activities as Purdue Fort Wayne students. In order to take advantage of those offerings, you must create a myIPFW account. To create your account, visit the Student Account Activation site and follow the prompts. You will need to know your birthdate and your Purdue student ID number.
Please note: You cannot complete this step until you have accepted your admissions offer and received a Purdue student ID.
If you’re admitted to IU Fort Wayne as a transfer student, you’ll be able to view your detailed Transfer Credit Report approximately two to three weeks after you’re notified of your acceptance. This report will list all the courses you’ve taken at other institutions, indicate whether each course will transfer, and note the equivalent course at IU Fort Wayne for which you’ll get credit.
To view your Transfer Credit Report, go to One.IU and search for “transfer credits.” Select the “Transfer Credits” app box, then log in using your IU username and passphrase. (If you haven’t created your IU computing account yet, see step #2 of this checklist for instructions on how to do that.)
If you're planning to live on campus, apply for housing and include the $20 non-refundable application fee + $150 refundable security deposit with your application.
Please note: You can begin the housing application before you have received your Purdue student ID number. If you do not have your Purdue ID number, please skip the student ID number field—do not use your IU ID number.
Start your housing application
If you’re applying for need-based financial aid, be sure to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For priority awarding, be sure to fill out a new FAFSA each year between October 1 and March 10.
Remember to list IU Fort Wayne’s school code, E40457, on your application to ensure that your results are sent to IU Fort Wayne.
Learn more about financial aid