Now that you’ve applied, take a big breath
Here are a couple things you can do while you’re waiting.
Approximately two weeks after we receive your application, you’ll get an email with your University ID number. You’ll use this ID number to create your IU computing account, which you’ll use to check the status of your application.
Please note that your IU computing account is different than the guest computing account you created when you applied online. The guest computing account was solely for the purpose of submitting your application online.
Setting up your IU computing account
- Search for and select “Create My First IU Account” in One.IU.
- Read the Guidelines for Appropriate Usage, which are rules and policies for IT account use at IU, and agree to these policies.
- Enroll in the Passphrase Self-Service Reset System. If you forget your passphrase, this tool will enable you to reset it yourself without having to visit a UITS Support Center walk-in location in person.
- You will want to save or record your account information in a secure place. You will need this information each time you log in to your IU computing account.
- Exit. It may take up to two hours before you can log in to some services.
What to do if you have forgotten your ID or other information
- Forgot your 10-digit University ID number? All other students should first try the Student Self-Service University Lookup Form. If you still need assistance, please email the Office of Admissions at email@example.com. (In order to help you, we will request additional information.)
- Forgot your username? Contact the UITS Support Center.
- Forgot your passphrase? Reset it here.
Please note that if you have ever previously been enrolled in or participated in a program at any IU campus and were given a 10-digit University ID number and username, you will use the same ID number and username to access your IU computing account (or use the steps above to set up your computing account if you have not already done so).
After you’ve created your IU computing account, you’ll be able to check the status of your application in One.IU. To check your status, go to Application Status in One.IU and select "Start." Log in using your IU username and passphrase (not your guest account information) to see the status of your application.
You can use our application update form to:
- Reactivate a previously withdrawn application
- Change your intended major
- Change your intended start date
If you need to update your mailing address, phone number, or email address, you can do so in the Student Center in One.IU.
If you’d like to cancel your application after you’ve already applied, please submit the cancel application form.