If you’re ready to apply right now...
When you’re ready to apply, you’ll follow the steps listed here to complete your application. Please note that your application is not complete until you’ve paid your application fee and we’ve received all your supporting materials, including transcripts. An incomplete application will delay the review process.
The first step in the application process is to complete the undergraduate admission application. You’ll need to create a guest computing account that you’ll use solely to submit your application.
When you submit your application, you must pay a $65 nonrefundable application fee. If you apply online, you can pay the fee with a credit card at the time you submit your application.
You do not have to pay the application fee if:
- You are transferring to IU Fort Wayne from an IU or Purdue campus.
- You have earned an associate degree from Ivy Tech Community College or Vincennes University.
- You are currently enrolled at Ivy Tech Community College or Vincennes University and have completed at least 45 credit hours.
As part of the application process, you must provide an official transcript from each college or university you’ve attended. This includes:
- Transcripts from any college or university at which you were enrolled but did not complete any classes
- Transcripts from any dual-credit courses or college courses completed while you were in high school
If you have fewer than 26 hours of transferable credit, you must also provide your official high school transcript.
You must contact each school and ask for your official transcript to be sent directly to IU Fort Wayne. Transcripts should be mailed to:IU Fort Wayne Processing Center
Cavanaugh Hall Room 147
425 University Blvd.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
IU Fort Wayne can accept official transcripts that are sent electronically from colleges and universities. However, we do not accept emailed PDFs of transcripts; your transcript must be electronically generated from an official system.
Electronic transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your school will be sending limited-time credentials that allow us to access their system, be sure to make your request during regular business hours.
Policy on returning transcripts
All materials submitted in support of an IU Fort Wayne application become the property of Indiana University and are not returnable, forwarded, copied, or released to the student or to third parties. Students with education outside of the US are advised to bring additional copies of their official educational documents in envelopes signed, sealed and stamped by the issuing institution should they have need of their official educational documents.
As part of IU Fort Wayne’s commitment to maintaining a safe campus community, you must disclose on your application for admission if you:
- Have been subject to formal disciplinary action (including, but not limited to, suspension or expulsion) for academic or nonacademic reasons at any high school, postsecondary institution, college, or university.
- Have been charged or convicted of a crime (or a foreign legal equivalent) that has not been expunged by a court.
- Have any currently pending criminal charges (or a foreign legal equivalent) against you.
- Have engaged in any behavior that caused injury to any person(s) or property (including, but not limited to, vandalism or behavior that led to a restraining order against you) that resulted in some form of discipline or intervention.
You will not automatically be denied admission to IU Fort Wayne if you have a previous conviction or disciplinary action, but your application must be reviewed by the Admissions Committee before an admission decision is made. It can take up to four to six weeks for the Admissions Committee to review applicants with disclosures.