Testing for COVID-19
A robust testing program is vital for maintaining the health and safety of the IU community during the ongoing pandemic. There are a variety of testing measures and plans in place that will continue through the fall semester.
- What: Ongoing testing of the IU population. (Sometimes called "surveillance testing.")
- For: Students, faculty and staff. If contacted, it's critical that you participate.
- Where: Richard T. Doermer School of Business
- How it works: You will be contacted via email to schedule an appointment for your test. This will be a saliva test with results back in 3-5 days.
- If your test is negative: Continue on with your normal routine.
- If your test is positive: You'll receive detailed instructions from IU Health on isolation and next steps, which includes downloading the Twistle app. Through Twistle, you'll receive daily check-ins from an IU Health provider to ask about your symptoms and report any concerns or worsening symptoms. In addition, complete the CARE Referral Form for Purdue University Fort Wayne. The CARE team provides support for students on the Fort Wayne campus.
To learn more about mitigation testing, visit IU's mitigation testing webpage.