Applying to the dental technology program
To be eligible to apply to the dental technology program, you must be admitted to IU Fort Wayne as a degree-seeking student and complete the following prerequisites:
- At a minimum, students must have completed ENGL 13100 or COM 11400, or equivalent.
- Preferred admission will be given to those with 15 credit hours or more of college level coursework
- Pass all prerequisite courses with a "C-" or better
- You may repeat required prerequisite courses ONE time. However, the second grade will be used to calculate prerequisite GPA. Grades will not be averaged.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of the spring semester for the year in which you are applying to receive full application status
- You must have a minimum prerequisite GPA of 2.0/4.0
- You must also have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0/4.0
- A personal interview with the dental laboratory technology admissions committee may also be required to determine final class selection.