Earn a certificate in Nutrition while you work to complete your degree at IU Fort Wayne
- La Rochefoucald
You will learn
- A greater awareness of what you eat, why you eat it, how it is prepared, and the consequences of your food choices.
- How to apply nutrition principles ot health promotion.
- How to plan healthy meals for you and your family.
How you benefit
- Distinguish yourself as knowledgeable in nutrition, helping you to make nutritious food choices and providing a foundation of dietary information to shape healthy behaviors.
- Apply what you learn to your health, your families, and the greater community.
What you need to know
In order to be accepted into for our Certificate in Nutrition, you must be admitted to IU Fort Wayne and currently enrolled in one of IU Fort Wayne's bachelor degree programs.
If you are not currently enrolled at IU Fort Wayne, please speak with an undergraduate admissions representative or visit iufw.edu/admissions.
Courses in the Certificate in Nutrition can be used to fulfill requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences, and possibly other IU Fort Wayne bachelor degree programs - please consult with your academic advisor for more information.
- To earn the certificate, students must complete a minimum of 12 credits in accordance with the specified curriculum.
- Earn a minimum grade of C in each course.
The Certificate in Nutrition curriculum consists of four required 3-credit hour courses which are offered 100% online.
Please speak with a Health Sciences advisor for more information.
Ready to get started?
Not yet enrolled at IU Fort Wayne?Apply to IU Fort Wayne
Currently enrolled at IU Fort Wayne?
Declare your intent to receive the Certificate in RDS by completing the application for certificate form available from the SHHS certificate advisor:
Danielle Dickow, M.S.Ed.
Neff Hall B44C
2101 East Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46805