The certificate in rehabilitation and disability studies is available to all IU Fort Wayne degree seeking students, regardless of your major. The addition of this certificate can greatly enhance your educational background, your subject matter expertise, and your ability to land that dream job. The certificate in rehabilitation and disability studies is offered 100% on-line, making course access much more convenient.
Earn a certificate in rehabilitation and disability studies while you complete your degree at IU Fort Wayne
"Abled does not mean enabled. Disabled does not mean less abled."
- Khang Kijarro Nguyen
Are you ready to make a difference?
- Do you want to empower individuals living with disabilities or undergoing rehabilitation?
- Do you want to gain an appreciation and of the changing needs of people with disabilities?
What you will learn
- Knowledge and skills for effective interaction and advocacy for individuals with disabilities.
- Receive entry-level job skills and competencies preparing you for professional work in a variety of programs that serve individuals with disabilities.
What you need to know
In order to be accepted into for our Certificate in Rehabilitation and Disability Studies, you must be admitted to IU Fort Wayne and currently enrolled in one of IU Fort Wayne's bachelor degree programs.
If you are not currently enrolled at IU Fort Wayne, please speak with an undergraduate admissions representative or visit iufw.edu/admissions.
Courses in the Certificate in Rehabilitation and Disability Studies can be used to fulfill requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences, and possibly other IU Fort Wayne bachelor degree programs - please consult with your academic advisor for more information.
- To earn the certificate, students must complete a minimum of 21 credits in accordance with the specified curriculum.
- Earn a minimum grade of C in each course.
The Certificate in Rehabilitation and Disability Studies curriculum consists of seven required 3-credit hour courses which are offered 100% online.
- HIM-M330 Medical Terminology or equivalent
- SHRS-W320 Survey of Adaptive Rehabilitation Technology
- SHRS-W330 Approaches to Rehabilitation Case Management
- SHRS-W340 Psychological Aspects of Disabilities
- SHRS-W420 Proposal Writing for Community Based Rehabilitation Programs
- SHRS-W430 Practicum in Rehabilitation and Disability
- SHRS-W440 Medical Aspects of Disabilities
Ready to get started?
Not yet enrolled at IU Fort Wayne?Apply to IU Fort Wayne
Currently enrolled at IU Fort Wayne?
Declare your intent to receive the Certificate in RDS by completing the application for certificate form available from the SHHS certificate advisor:
Danielle Dickow, M.S.Ed.
Neff Hall B44C
2101 East Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46805