The public is invited to give input on the search for Indiana University's next president through a series of virtual town halls starting Oct. 22. The IU Board of Trustees' presidential search advisory committee is gathering feedback on three key questions:
- What major challenges and opportunities will the next president inherit?
- What type of person will be best prepared to address the challenges and explore opportunities in terms of leadership style, experience, financial acumen, views, etc.?
- What highlights can the search committee and advisory committee share with candidates unfamiliar with IU and Indiana.
IU faculty, staff and students and members of the public can share their feedback during a town hall session. Participants are requested to register to attend the session associated with their campus or community:
- Evansville: 4 to 5:30 p.m. CDT (5 to 6:30 p.m. EDT) Thursday, Oct. 22.
- IU Kokomo: 10 to 11:30 a.m. Friday, Oct. 23.
- IU East: 1:30 to 3 p.m. Friday, Oct. 23.
- IU Northwest: 9 to 10:30 a.m. CDT (10 to 11:30 a.m. EDT) Tuesday, Oct. 27.
- Muncie: 8 to 9:30 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 28.
- IU Southeast: 3:30 to 5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 29.
- IU Bloomington: 10:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 2:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 30.
- IUPUC: 3:30 to 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 2.
- Fort Wayne: 1:30 to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 4.
- IU Fort Wayne: 3:30 to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 4.
- IU South Bend: 3:30 to 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 5.
- IUPUI: 10 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 to 3 p.m. Friday, Nov. 6.
Comments may also be sent to the search advisory committee at email@example.com by Nov. 6.
The advisory committee will present its report to the search committee by Nov. 13. The Board of Trustees' intent is to have a new leader in place when President Michael A. McRobbie retires in June 2021. Updates about the search will be posted on the presidential search page on the Board of Trustees website.