Frank O’Bannon Grant
Named for a late governor of Indiana, Frank O’Bannon Grants are awarded to Indiana residents who show that they need money for their education. The grant can be used to pay for tuition and fees while you study toward your first bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree at IU Fort Wayne.
O’Bannon Pledge Grant
IU Fort Wayne offers a renewable grant of up to $2,500 per year to supplement a Frank O’Bannon Grant and Federal Pell Grant for in-state students. To be eligible, you must:
- Be receiving a Frank O’Bannon Grant and a Federal Pell Grant
- Have remaining unmet financial need
- Meet other eligibility requirements
- Working towards a first bachelor's degree
Please note: students working solely on a certificate program are not eligible.
If you meet the criteria for this grant and funds are available, you’ll automatically receive the award. No further application is required.
As a new grant recipient, you’ll be required to participate in academic support programming. You’ll receive the details when you receive the award.
Renewal grantsTo renew the grant, you must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA
- Maintain eligibility for the O’Bannon and Pell grants
- Meet other requirements listed in the award correspondence you receive