Taking Classes at Another IU Campus

How to get financial aid when studying on another IU campus

If you’re an IU Fort Wayne student who wants to receive financial aid while studying at another IU campus, you’ll need to file a consortium agreement no later than four weeks prior to the start of the term in which you plan to study on another campus.

You can receive aid for only one semester of attendance at another campus, unless one of the following is true:

  • Your attendance on another campus is specific to your program of study.
  • Your enrollment is split between IU Fort Wayne and the other campus, with 50 percent of your total term credit hours being taken at IU Fort Wayne.

Meet these criteria

If you’d like to be considered for a consortium to study at another campus, you must meet the following criteria:

  • The courses you’re taking at the other campus must be required to earn your degree.
  • To study at another campus during the fall or spring semester, you must have completed at least one full academic year at IU Fort Wayne.
  • To study at another campus during the summer, you must have completed at least one term at IU Fort Wayne, rather than a full academic year.
  • You must have a clear academic purpose for attending another IU campus. For example:
    — The class isn’t offered at IU Fort Wayne
    — Your academic program requires you to attend at another campus.

Study at these campuses

You can receive aid while studying at these campuses:

  • IU Bloomington
  • IU East
  • IU Kokomo
  • IU Northwest
  • IU South Bend
  • IU Southeast

Submit a consortium agreement

Before you file a consortium agreement, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements for financial aid. If your appeal is approved, we’ll contact your host campus to collect cost of attendance information. We’ll also monitor your enrollment to make sure you remain eligible for your financial aid.