Federal Pell Grants
If you’re an undergraduate working toward your first bachelor’s degree and you need money to pay for your education, you may be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant. To qualify, you must:
- File your FAFSA each year
- Meet federal student aid eligibility requirements
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) between $0 and an upper limit set each year ($5,328 for the 2017–18 aid year)
- Be enrolled in a degree seeking program
- Meet satisfactory academic progress standards
You can receive the Federal Pell Grant for up to the equivalent of six years (12 scheduled semester awards). If you have a current FAFSA on file each year, you’ll automatically be considered for aid each fall, spring, and summer semester. (You may be required to take at least 6 credit hours during the summer to receive the award.) You can check your lifetime Pell Grant usage in your Financial Aid Review.